Feb 12, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
We began this morning by talking about Miguel Montero talking about the young Trevor Bauer and his failure, at least in Montero’s eyes, to listen and to take instruction. Someone on Twitter asked Bauer about that. His response:
@baueroutage Trevor, what’d you think about your former catcher Miguel Montero’s comments on you being “difficult” to work with?
— The Meat Locker (@MeatLockerBlog) February 12, 2013
@meatlockerblog great thing about the United States. We have the freedom to say whatever we want. Thanks to all the men who fight for that
— Trevor Bauer (@BauerOutage) February 12, 2013
I am in no position to know for sure whether Bauer was, as Montero suggested, immature. I will say that his answer here is somewhat more mature than badmouthing a former teammate to the press, even if there is some truth to the badmouthing.
I give this round to Bauer on points.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 0
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 35
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'