Feb 12, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
We began this morning by talking about Miguel Montero talking about the young Trevor Bauer and his failure, at least in Montero’s eyes, to listen and to take instruction. Someone on Twitter asked Bauer about that. His response:
@baueroutage Trevor, what’d you think about your former catcher Miguel Montero’s comments on you being “difficult” to work with?
— The Meat Locker (@MeatLockerBlog) February 12, 2013
@meatlockerblog great thing about the United States. We have the freedom to say whatever we want. Thanks to all the men who fight for that
— Trevor Bauer (@BauerOutage) February 12, 2013
I am in no position to know for sure whether Bauer was, as Montero suggested, immature. I will say that his answer here is somewhat more mature than badmouthing a former teammate to the press, even if there is some truth to the badmouthing.
I give this round to Bauer on points.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)