Feb 12, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
We began this morning by talking about Miguel Montero talking about the young Trevor Bauer and his failure, at least in Montero’s eyes, to listen and to take instruction. Someone on Twitter asked Bauer about that. His response:
@baueroutage Trevor, what’d you think about your former catcher Miguel Montero’s comments on you being “difficult” to work with?
— The Meat Locker (@MeatLockerBlog) February 12, 2013
@meatlockerblog great thing about the United States. We have the freedom to say whatever we want. Thanks to all the men who fight for that
— Trevor Bauer (@BauerOutage) February 12, 2013
I am in no position to know for sure whether Bauer was, as Montero suggested, immature. I will say that his answer here is somewhat more mature than badmouthing a former teammate to the press, even if there is some truth to the badmouthing.
I give this round to Bauer on points.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)