Feb 12, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
We began this morning by talking about Miguel Montero talking about the young Trevor Bauer and his failure, at least in Montero’s eyes, to listen and to take instruction. Someone on Twitter asked Bauer about that. His response:
@baueroutage Trevor, what’d you think about your former catcher Miguel Montero’s comments on you being “difficult” to work with?
— The Meat Locker (@MeatLockerBlog) February 12, 2013
@meatlockerblog great thing about the United States. We have the freedom to say whatever we want. Thanks to all the men who fight for that
— Trevor Bauer (@BauerOutage) February 12, 2013
I am in no position to know for sure whether Bauer was, as Montero suggested, immature. I will say that his answer here is somewhat more mature than badmouthing a former teammate to the press, even if there is some truth to the badmouthing.
I give this round to Bauer on points.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)