Feb 12, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
We began this morning by talking about Miguel Montero talking about the young Trevor Bauer and his failure, at least in Montero’s eyes, to listen and to take instruction. Someone on Twitter asked Bauer about that. His response:
@baueroutage Trevor, what’d you think about your former catcher Miguel Montero’s comments on you being “difficult” to work with?
— The Meat Locker (@MeatLockerBlog) February 12, 2013
@meatlockerblog great thing about the United States. We have the freedom to say whatever we want. Thanks to all the men who fight for that
— Trevor Bauer (@BauerOutage) February 12, 2013
I am in no position to know for sure whether Bauer was, as Montero suggested, immature. I will say that his answer here is somewhat more mature than badmouthing a former teammate to the press, even if there is some truth to the badmouthing.
I give this round to Bauer on points.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 9
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 14
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 48
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)