Feb 13, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
“First, I apologize to my organization, the fans, my teammates, my whole family,” Ruiz said. “I feel so bad. I’m trying to put everything behind [me] and do my best this year. For me, it’s hard, man. I leave my team for 25 games but I want to play. At the same time, I feel like they support me. I have a lot of good friends. I’m ready to come back and do my best.”
That was his statement. But as CSN’s John Gonzalez reports, it was a weird scene there, as reporters kept asking Ruiz questions about the whys and hows of his Adderall use and Ruiz repeatedly dodged, saying he used it two times and repeating that he was sorry.
As we noted earlier today in the Jhonny Peralta post, talking about one’s PED use is a no-win game. Still, you’d think the idea would not to be cryptic and weird about it.
Whatever. See you at the end of April, Chooch.
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 200
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)