Feb 13, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
“First, I apologize to my organization, the fans, my teammates, my whole family,” Ruiz said. “I feel so bad. I’m trying to put everything behind [me] and do my best this year. For me, it’s hard, man. I leave my team for 25 games but I want to play. At the same time, I feel like they support me. I have a lot of good friends. I’m ready to come back and do my best.”
That was his statement. But as CSN’s John Gonzalez reports, it was a weird scene there, as reporters kept asking Ruiz questions about the whys and hows of his Adderall use and Ruiz repeatedly dodged, saying he used it two times and repeating that he was sorry.
As we noted earlier today in the Jhonny Peralta post, talking about one’s PED use is a no-win game. Still, you’d think the idea would not to be cryptic and weird about it.
Whatever. See you at the end of April, Chooch.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 260
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 29
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (265)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)