Feb 13, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
“First, I apologize to my organization, the fans, my teammates, my whole family,” Ruiz said. “I feel so bad. I’m trying to put everything behind [me] and do my best this year. For me, it’s hard, man. I leave my team for 25 games but I want to play. At the same time, I feel like they support me. I have a lot of good friends. I’m ready to come back and do my best.”
That was his statement. But as CSN’s John Gonzalez reports, it was a weird scene there, as reporters kept asking Ruiz questions about the whys and hows of his Adderall use and Ruiz repeatedly dodged, saying he used it two times and repeating that he was sorry.
As we noted earlier today in the Jhonny Peralta post, talking about one’s PED use is a no-win game. Still, you’d think the idea would not to be cryptic and weird about it.
Whatever. See you at the end of April, Chooch.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)