Feb 13, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
“First, I apologize to my organization, the fans, my teammates, my whole family,” Ruiz said. “I feel so bad. I’m trying to put everything behind [me] and do my best this year. For me, it’s hard, man. I leave my team for 25 games but I want to play. At the same time, I feel like they support me. I have a lot of good friends. I’m ready to come back and do my best.”
That was his statement. But as CSN’s John Gonzalez reports, it was a weird scene there, as reporters kept asking Ruiz questions about the whys and hows of his Adderall use and Ruiz repeatedly dodged, saying he used it two times and repeating that he was sorry.
As we noted earlier today in the Jhonny Peralta post, talking about one’s PED use is a no-win game. Still, you’d think the idea would not to be cryptic and weird about it.
Whatever. See you at the end of April, Chooch.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 36
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (213)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)