Feb 13, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
“First, I apologize to my organization, the fans, my teammates, my whole family,” Ruiz said. “I feel so bad. I’m trying to put everything behind [me] and do my best this year. For me, it’s hard, man. I leave my team for 25 games but I want to play. At the same time, I feel like they support me. I have a lot of good friends. I’m ready to come back and do my best.”
That was his statement. But as CSN’s John Gonzalez reports, it was a weird scene there, as reporters kept asking Ruiz questions about the whys and hows of his Adderall use and Ruiz repeatedly dodged, saying he used it two times and repeating that he was sorry.
As we noted earlier today in the Jhonny Peralta post, talking about one’s PED use is a no-win game. Still, you’d think the idea would not to be cryptic and weird about it.
Whatever. See you at the end of April, Chooch.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)