Feb 13, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com spoke to David Ortiz about a number of topics yesterday. One of them was the Biogenesis thing. Ortiz didn’t get into any specifics, obviously, but this was fun:
“When I first heard about [players being linked to the clinic],” he said. “I started saying that us, as baseball players, we pretty much might be the dumbest athletes of all the sports because there’s a history of players doing things like that and later on getting caught. We’re talking about six or seven years. So how come in 2011 or 2012, there are players still being caught in the same situation?
Maybe. But that NBA player just got busted and some people say you gotta be a special kind of stupid to get busted for PEDs in the NBA.
Maybe they should put Ortiz in charge of the investigation. I’m sure he’ll get to the bottom of this.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)