Feb 13, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com spoke to David Ortiz about a number of topics yesterday. One of them was the Biogenesis thing. Ortiz didn’t get into any specifics, obviously, but this was fun:
“When I first heard about [players being linked to the clinic],” he said. “I started saying that us, as baseball players, we pretty much might be the dumbest athletes of all the sports because there’s a history of players doing things like that and later on getting caught. We’re talking about six or seven years. So how come in 2011 or 2012, there are players still being caught in the same situation?
Maybe. But that NBA player just got busted and some people say you gotta be a special kind of stupid to get busted for PEDs in the NBA.
Maybe they should put Ortiz in charge of the investigation. I’m sure he’ll get to the bottom of this.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)