Feb 13, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com spoke to David Ortiz about a number of topics yesterday. One of them was the Biogenesis thing. Ortiz didn’t get into any specifics, obviously, but this was fun:
“When I first heard about [players being linked to the clinic],” he said. “I started saying that us, as baseball players, we pretty much might be the dumbest athletes of all the sports because there’s a history of players doing things like that and later on getting caught. We’re talking about six or seven years. So how come in 2011 or 2012, there are players still being caught in the same situation?
Maybe. But that NBA player just got busted and some people say you gotta be a special kind of stupid to get busted for PEDs in the NBA.
Maybe they should put Ortiz in charge of the investigation. I’m sure he’ll get to the bottom of this.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 23
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 34
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)