Feb 13, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com spoke to David Ortiz about a number of topics yesterday. One of them was the Biogenesis thing. Ortiz didn’t get into any specifics, obviously, but this was fun:
“When I first heard about [players being linked to the clinic],” he said. “I started saying that us, as baseball players, we pretty much might be the dumbest athletes of all the sports because there’s a history of players doing things like that and later on getting caught. We’re talking about six or seven years. So how come in 2011 or 2012, there are players still being caught in the same situation?
Maybe. But that NBA player just got busted and some people say you gotta be a special kind of stupid to get busted for PEDs in the NBA.
Maybe they should put Ortiz in charge of the investigation. I’m sure he’ll get to the bottom of this.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 53
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)