Feb 13, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
After missing all of last season with a foot injury followed by shoulder surgery Dustin McGowan was supposed to be healthy this spring, but because “healthy” and “Dustin McGowan” aren’t allowed to go together he’s already been shut down with more shoulder problems.
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons told reporters that McGowan’s “shoulder was barking” and he’ll take an indefinite break from throwing off a mound.
McGowan essentially hasn’t been healthy since mid-2008, as multiple injuries have ruined what was once a very promising career as a hard-throwing starter. Toronto raised a lot of eyebrows last spring by signing McGowan to a contract extension that guaranteed him $1.5 million in both 2013 and 2014, plus a $500,000 buyout for 2015. That deal is looking more and more like a charitable donation at this point.
May 25, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
After signing a one-year, $3 million deal with the Braves, Callaspo is batting just .206 with one home run and a .545 OPS over 123 plate appearances this season.
May 25, 2015, 10:19 PM EDT
D’Arnaud has been sidelined since April 19 due to a fractured right pinkie finger.
May 25, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT
We usually post videos of Giancarlo Stanton hitting long home runs because he has a penchant for doing that on a regular basis and it’s a lot of fun to marvel over them. However, he can also get it done with the glove.
May 25, 2015, 8:14 PM EDT
Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista hasn’t been able to play in the field since April 21 due a nagging shoulder injury, but he hopes to change that soon.
May 25, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder Khris Davis hit two home runs today against the Giants, but he nearly had one of them taken away for not touching home plate.
May 25, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
Brewers manager Craig Counsell said today that right-hander Wily Peralta will miss at least four weeks with an oblique strain.
May 25, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
When I think solemn remembrance of the military dead, I definitely think John Kruk and Curt Schilling in weird jerseys.
May 25, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Dodgers fans have been through this before, but hope is hope.
May 25, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
Loney was hitting .275 with two homers and a .698 OPS in 30 games.
May 25, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
He thinks it’s silly that guys are risking 8-10 game suspensions for doing something everyone does and everyone thinks is sensible.
May 25, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Ishikawa started (out of position in left field) for the Giants during last year’s World Series-winning playoff run.
May 25, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
May 25, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
“Don’t they want to win a championship?”
May 25, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Doolittle is coming back from a partially torn rotator cuff.
May 25, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Last time he started in left field and batted fifth for the Rangers? July 27, 2010.
May 25, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
It might be too little too late for the A’s considering their 16-30 record.
May 25, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
The world of illlllluuuuuusion
May 25, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
Playing through the injury did not work at all.
May 25, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Mike Scioscia ran Mike Napoli out of Anaheim. Napoli has beaten the hell out of the Angels ever since.
May 25, 2015, 11:14 AM EDT
I guess he was too obvious about it.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)