Feb 13, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli spoke to the media today about being named in the Biogenesis clinic records, admitting that he met with biochemist Anthony Bosch following a 2011 foot injury and denying any wrongdoing:
When I got my foot injured in 2011, I checked with doctors and somebody recommended me Biogenesis. I went there for maybe suggestions, and that’s it. I walked away without nothing in my hands. I just went there, talked and that’s it.
My first reaction to reading that quote is to wonder who, exactly, “recommended” Cervelli go to the Biogensis clinic, because I’ll bet that person knows some pretty interesting details. Cervelli claims that person was not a player or agent, and also said he plans to cooperate with MLB’s investigation.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)