Feb 13, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli spoke to the media today about being named in the Biogenesis clinic records, admitting that he met with biochemist Anthony Bosch following a 2011 foot injury and denying any wrongdoing:
When I got my foot injured in 2011, I checked with doctors and somebody recommended me Biogenesis. I went there for maybe suggestions, and that’s it. I walked away without nothing in my hands. I just went there, talked and that’s it.
My first reaction to reading that quote is to wonder who, exactly, “recommended” Cervelli go to the Biogensis clinic, because I’ll bet that person knows some pretty interesting details. Cervelli claims that person was not a player or agent, and also said he plans to cooperate with MLB’s investigation.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 18
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 32
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)