Feb 13, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli spoke to the media today about being named in the Biogenesis clinic records, admitting that he met with biochemist Anthony Bosch following a 2011 foot injury and denying any wrongdoing:
When I got my foot injured in 2011, I checked with doctors and somebody recommended me Biogenesis. I went there for maybe suggestions, and that’s it. I walked away without nothing in my hands. I just went there, talked and that’s it.
My first reaction to reading that quote is to wonder who, exactly, “recommended” Cervelli go to the Biogensis clinic, because I’ll bet that person knows some pretty interesting details. Cervelli claims that person was not a player or agent, and also said he plans to cooperate with MLB’s investigation.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)