Feb 13, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
This is obviously the leader in the clubhouse for best injury of the year.
I realize it’s only February 13, but that’s gonna be awfully tough to beat.
There is some good news, though. According to Topkin: “Peralta was still able to get the sandwiches … and said they were good. Shouldn’t miss much time.”
UPDATE: Peralta was driving a Camaro, which makes the whole thing even better.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)