Feb 13, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
Madson, who missed all of last season, stopped his throwing program after experiencing soreness on February 1 and no longer seems likely to be ready by Opening Day.
He agreed to a one-year, $3.5 million deal with the Angels that included another $3.5 million in potential incentives and first crack at the closer role, but for now at least Ernesto Frieri is back atop the bullpen depth chart.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 58
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)