Feb 13, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
I would still wager a decent amount on there being no Biogenesis-related discipline at all — it’s a he-said, she-said at the moment — but if discipline does come it won’t be at least for the next month and change. We know this because, as Jon Morosi reports, Ryan Braun and Gio Gonzalez‘s eligibility for the WBC is not in question:
. . . two sources said Tuesday that any discipline arising from the Biogenesis investigation is unlikely to be announced soon enough to impact the WBC, which begins March 8 for Team USA. The championship game is scheduled for March 19 in San Francisco.
Morosi’s source says that Major League Baseball is still trying to get the records related to Biogenesis from the Miami New Times. So, a couple of weeks out, the folks who would dole out the suspensions still know nothing more than we do.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (112)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)