Feb 13, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
From NBCSports.com, via the Associated Press:
A person with knowledge of the situation tells The Associated Press that Miami’s baseball team has been tested for performance-enhancing drug use, including human growth hormone.
Results have not arrived, according to the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the university has not authorized the information’s release. Miami’s drug policy includes random steroid testing, but not HGH.
The team’s strength coach, Jimmy Goins, showed up in the records of the Miami-based Biogenesis clinic along with the names of many former University of Miami players who have since moved on to the major leagues. The Hurricanes open their season this weekend with a three-game series against Rutgers.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)