Feb 13, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
From NBCSports.com, via the Associated Press:
A person with knowledge of the situation tells The Associated Press that Miami’s baseball team has been tested for performance-enhancing drug use, including human growth hormone.
Results have not arrived, according to the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the university has not authorized the information’s release. Miami’s drug policy includes random steroid testing, but not HGH.
The team’s strength coach, Jimmy Goins, showed up in the records of the Miami-based Biogenesis clinic along with the names of many former University of Miami players who have since moved on to the major leagues. The Hurricanes open their season this weekend with a three-game series against Rutgers.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 10
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 156
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39