Wanna buy Torii Hunter’s house?

Feb 13, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT

Torii Hunter's house

It’s the one in Newport Beach where police may or may not have pulled their guns on Hunter last April, so you know that the place is totally safe. Unless you happen to be a black baseball player, I guess.

The description from Realtor.com for this $3.975 million listing:

Built in 2006, the home offers 4,346 square feet with five bedrooms and six bathrooms, which includes a massive master suite complete with a sitting area and private deck. Hardwood flooring, custom drapery and a gourmet kitchen highlight the home’s designer interior, while a resort-style yard flexes some serious muscle with a palatial pool and spa, fire pit and an outdoor kitchen. Last, but certainly not least, a detached casita and pool house round out Hunter’s Newport estate.

Sounds lovely.

1. howieK - Feb 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM

PAY HIM!

2. kiwicricket - Feb 13, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I will endeavor to use the term ‘custom drapery’ in a sentence before the week is out.

• historiophiliac - Feb 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM

suppresses dirty joke… (but tomorrow is V-D)

3. mybrunoblog - Feb 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Cheap shot By Calcaterra by insulting the cops.

4. kiwicricket - Feb 13, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Can someone more ‘domesticated’ than myself please explain to me what ‘custom drapery’ is exactly? And why it might be a feature of an opulent house?
    The infamous Jeter ‘powder room’ springs to mind….

(When I say domesticated, I mean their wife has made them buy shit you didn’t know you needed/existed)

• stlouis1baseball - Feb 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM

To simplify it Kiwi….
      Custom Draperies = Sissyfied Curtains

• historiophiliac - Feb 13, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I don’t have a wife, but I can answer for you. That means the house has drapes that were custom made for the place. The curtains aren’t off-the-rack (i.e. just bought at a store). It might also mean that the fabric is unique, as it is a special order. It’s likely they had an interior designer work on the house, hence the special window dressings.

5. teambringitstrong - Feb 13, 2013 at 8:15 PM

First, it’s not Newport Beach,it’s Newport Coast. If you have a home on the front row, u have to deal with the noise off of PCH. 2nd, not sure why Torii moved to CC in the first place, there are a lot better properties in NC. 3rd, the comment about being black is uncalled for. I’ve lived in NC now 11 years and can say as a Black man, I’ve NEVER had any issues. Unlike Marie Gil’s SF Bay Area where profiling and racism is rampant despite her views to the contrary.

• cosanostra71 - Feb 13, 2013 at 11:22 PM

psh! You guys are still part of Newport Beach! I agree that there are nicer neighborhoods in your part of town though. The community that Kobe lives in (that I can never remember the name of? Pelican Coast or something) for one.

• badintent - Feb 15, 2013 at 2:51 AM

I lived in the North Shore of Long Island where Jewish Garmentos lived next to Italian Mafia and we had lots of plain white vans(FBI, state police, etc) parked out on the street. We did have parking issues.

6. modellforprez - Feb 13, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Not bad Craig not bad at all

Can Nationals run the playoff table?
  1. D. Jeter (3363)