Feb 13, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
On Sunday we initiated the Yankees Doom Watch. A feature in which we highlight overwrought or overly-pessimistic takes on the Yankees, foretelling their impending doom. We don’t worry about merely negative previews which note the teams’ flaws. That stuff is understandable. Rather, we look for over-the-top comments, headlines or melodrama which seem to say the team should simply not bother in 2013.
The latest comes from John Harper’s Daily News column. This may be more on the headline writer, though:
Alex Rodriguez recovering from hip surgery, fighting more PED allegations and Yankees aging and injured roster just more reason to write off Bombers in 2013.
Write ’em off two days into spring training. Seems sensible. To be honest, seppuku would be even better. Would save everyone the cost of tickets.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 21
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 16
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)