Feb 13, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
On Sunday we initiated the Yankees Doom Watch. A feature in which we highlight overwrought or overly-pessimistic takes on the Yankees, foretelling their impending doom. We don’t worry about merely negative previews which note the teams’ flaws. That stuff is understandable. Rather, we look for over-the-top comments, headlines or melodrama which seem to say the team should simply not bother in 2013.
The latest comes from John Harper’s Daily News column. This may be more on the headline writer, though:
Alex Rodriguez recovering from hip surgery, fighting more PED allegations and Yankees aging and injured roster just more reason to write off Bombers in 2013.
Write ’em off two days into spring training. Seems sensible. To be honest, seppuku would be even better. Would save everyone the cost of tickets.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 9
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 38
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)