Feb 13, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
On Sunday we initiated the Yankees Doom Watch. A feature in which we highlight overwrought or overly-pessimistic takes on the Yankees, foretelling their impending doom. We don’t worry about merely negative previews which note the teams’ flaws. That stuff is understandable. Rather, we look for over-the-top comments, headlines or melodrama which seem to say the team should simply not bother in 2013.
The latest comes from John Harper’s Daily News column. This may be more on the headline writer, though:
Alex Rodriguez recovering from hip surgery, fighting more PED allegations and Yankees aging and injured roster just more reason to write off Bombers in 2013.
Write ‘em off two days into spring training. Seems sensible. To be honest, seppuku would be even better. Would save everyone the cost of tickets.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)