Feb 13, 2013, 9:45 AM EST
On Sunday we initiated the Yankees Doom Watch. A feature in which we highlight overwrought or overly-pessimistic takes on the Yankees, foretelling their impending doom. We don’t worry about merely negative previews which note the teams’ flaws. That stuff is understandable. Rather, we look for over-the-top comments, headlines or melodrama which seem to say the team should simply not bother in 2013.
The latest comes from John Harper’s Daily News column. This may be more on the headline writer, though:
Alex Rodriguez recovering from hip surgery, fighting more PED allegations and Yankees aging and injured roster just more reason to write off Bombers in 2013.
Write ‘em off two days into spring training. Seems sensible. To be honest, seppuku would be even better. Would save everyone the cost of tickets.
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 11
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 8
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 138
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (138)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (90)