Feb 13, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Because I’m 12 years-old:
Rivera says he will continue to shag but will be careful #Yankees
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) February 13, 2013
You should always be careful when shagging. Because when you shag, you’re not just with the outfielders you’re shagging with. You’re with every outfielder who has ever shagged in that outfield. Or something.
In less juvenile news, Nightengale notes that Rivera has decided if 2013 will be his last year, but that he’s not saying now. My guess is that he’s going to retire. Then he can shag all he wants without having to worry about it affecting his ability to pitch.
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 39
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 84
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)