Feb 13, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Because I’m 12 years-old:
Rivera says he will continue to shag but will be careful #Yankees
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) February 13, 2013
You should always be careful when shagging. Because when you shag, you’re not just with the outfielders you’re shagging with. You’re with every outfielder who has ever shagged in that outfield. Or something.
In less juvenile news, Nightengale notes that Rivera has decided if 2013 will be his last year, but that he’s not saying now. My guess is that he’s going to retire. Then he can shag all he wants without having to worry about it affecting his ability to pitch.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17