Feb 14, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
Gonzalez had blood and urine samples taken two days after the New Times report was published on Jan. 29, according to two people with knowledge of the situation.
Baseball is allowed to do “reasonable cause” testing. The Joint Drug Agreement says that can happen with two days’ notice. Don’t gotta be a rocket scientist to figure this one out.
In the event that there was a positive test it would be weeks or even a month or two before it was known.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)