Feb 14, 2013, 4:02 PM EST
Gonzalez had blood and urine samples taken two days after the New Times report was published on Jan. 29, according to two people with knowledge of the situation.
Baseball is allowed to do “reasonable cause” testing. The Joint Drug Agreement says that can happen with two days’ notice. Don’t gotta be a rocket scientist to figure this one out.
In the event that there was a positive test it would be weeks or even a month or two before it was known.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)