Feb 14, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
I think the proper word for what I did when I read this is “chortle.”
One reason Dice-K picked the Indians? They’re in the AL. “I want to pitch against Boston,” he said through interpreter Jeff Cutler.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) February 13, 2013
“Oh, no! Don’t throw us into that brier patch!” exclaimed the Red Sox hitters. “Whatever you do, don’t make us face Daisuke Matsuzaka!”
In all seriousness, I can see why he wants revenge. I mean, those dirty Red Sox had the nerve to give him over $50 million in exchange for one good season, one OK season and four seasons of pure crap and injury. I mean, the nerve of those guys. They really got something coming here.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 162
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (162)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)