Feb 14, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
I think the proper word for what I did when I read this is “chortle.”
One reason Dice-K picked the Indians? They’re in the AL. “I want to pitch against Boston,” he said through interpreter Jeff Cutler.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) February 13, 2013
“Oh, no! Don’t throw us into that brier patch!” exclaimed the Red Sox hitters. “Whatever you do, don’t make us face Daisuke Matsuzaka!”
In all seriousness, I can see why he wants revenge. I mean, those dirty Red Sox had the nerve to give him over $50 million in exchange for one good season, one OK season and four seasons of pure crap and injury. I mean, the nerve of those guys. They really got something coming here.
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 2
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 23
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)