Feb 14, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
UPDATE: Isringhausen’s agent told Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that his client is not retired. The coaching job is a volunteer position, so he’s still opening to pitching another season in the big leagues.
SIUE baseball Interim Head Coach Tony Stoecklin has announced the addition of Major League pitcher Jason Isringhausen to his staff. Isringhausen, a native of Brighton, Ill., will serve as a pitching coach for the Cougars.
SIUE stands for Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, which has 14,000 students and boasts an alumni list that includes Bill Plaschke, Dewayne Staats, Clay Zavada, Jeff Tweedy, and Kathleen Madigan.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)