Feb 14, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Nothing beyond that in terms of where or for how much, but Lohse is the last of the unsigned free agents with draft pick compensation attached after Michael Bourn signed with the Indians and Rafael Soriano signed with the Nationals.
Lohse, like Bourn and Soriano, is represented by agent Scott Boras, who’s shown once again that remaining unsigned for a long time doesn’t mean there isn’t significant interest and, eventually, a significant contract to be had.
Yesterday general manager Mike Rizzo downplayed speculation that the Nationals could make a run at Lohse and the Cardinals have given zero indication that they’re interested in re-signing him.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)