Feb 14, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Nothing beyond that in terms of where or for how much, but Lohse is the last of the unsigned free agents with draft pick compensation attached after Michael Bourn signed with the Indians and Rafael Soriano signed with the Nationals.
Lohse, like Bourn and Soriano, is represented by agent Scott Boras, who’s shown once again that remaining unsigned for a long time doesn’t mean there isn’t significant interest and, eventually, a significant contract to be had.
Yesterday general manager Mike Rizzo downplayed speculation that the Nationals could make a run at Lohse and the Cardinals have given zero indication that they’re interested in re-signing him.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 30
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 79
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (103)