Feb 14, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Nothing beyond that in terms of where or for how much, but Lohse is the last of the unsigned free agents with draft pick compensation attached after Michael Bourn signed with the Indians and Rafael Soriano signed with the Nationals.
Lohse, like Bourn and Soriano, is represented by agent Scott Boras, who’s shown once again that remaining unsigned for a long time doesn’t mean there isn’t significant interest and, eventually, a significant contract to be had.
Yesterday general manager Mike Rizzo downplayed speculation that the Nationals could make a run at Lohse and the Cardinals have given zero indication that they’re interested in re-signing him.
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 5
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 53
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 75
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (178)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)