Feb 14, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Nothing beyond that in terms of where or for how much, but Lohse is the last of the unsigned free agents with draft pick compensation attached after Michael Bourn signed with the Indians and Rafael Soriano signed with the Nationals.
Lohse, like Bourn and Soriano, is represented by agent Scott Boras, who’s shown once again that remaining unsigned for a long time doesn’t mean there isn’t significant interest and, eventually, a significant contract to be had.
Yesterday general manager Mike Rizzo downplayed speculation that the Nationals could make a run at Lohse and the Cardinals have given zero indication that they’re interested in re-signing him.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 17
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 4
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 62
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 13
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games