Feb 14, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Michael Pineda showed up to his first Yankees spring training and proceeded to tear his labrum. Correlation is not causation, but Pineda has either (a) stopped taking PEDS — hey! we MUST ask the question! — or else he has simply decided not to chance being out of shape:
There’s a little bit less of Michael Pineda in Yankees camp this spring. He said that he weighed in at 260 pounds, down from 280 a year ago, and that his rehab is going well.
“Everything is doing well. Everything has been good,” Pineda said. “I’m feeling very excited, I’m feeling good. My shoulder is stronger right now.”
Shoulder injuries are just an absolute disaster, but if Pineda can come back and be something close to the pitcher he was in Seattle, the Yankees will have a nice midseason addition. That is if he avoids a suspension for his DUI.
Oh man. Forgot. Baseball doesn’t care about that.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)