Feb 14, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Michael Pineda showed up to his first Yankees spring training and proceeded to tear his labrum. Correlation is not causation, but Pineda has either (a) stopped taking PEDS — hey! we MUST ask the question! — or else he has simply decided not to chance being out of shape:
There’s a little bit less of Michael Pineda in Yankees camp this spring. He said that he weighed in at 260 pounds, down from 280 a year ago, and that his rehab is going well.
“Everything is doing well. Everything has been good,” Pineda said. “I’m feeling very excited, I’m feeling good. My shoulder is stronger right now.”
Shoulder injuries are just an absolute disaster, but if Pineda can come back and be something close to the pitcher he was in Seattle, the Yankees will have a nice midseason addition. That is if he avoids a suspension for his DUI.
Oh man. Forgot. Baseball doesn’t care about that.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 15
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 78
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)