Feb 14, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Michael Pineda showed up to his first Yankees spring training and proceeded to tear his labrum. Correlation is not causation, but Pineda has either (a) stopped taking PEDS — hey! we MUST ask the question! — or else he has simply decided not to chance being out of shape:
There’s a little bit less of Michael Pineda in Yankees camp this spring. He said that he weighed in at 260 pounds, down from 280 a year ago, and that his rehab is going well.
“Everything is doing well. Everything has been good,” Pineda said. “I’m feeling very excited, I’m feeling good. My shoulder is stronger right now.”
Shoulder injuries are just an absolute disaster, but if Pineda can come back and be something close to the pitcher he was in Seattle, the Yankees will have a nice midseason addition. That is if he avoids a suspension for his DUI.
Oh man. Forgot. Baseball doesn’t care about that.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)