Feb 14, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Michael Pineda showed up to his first Yankees spring training and proceeded to tear his labrum. Correlation is not causation, but Pineda has either (a) stopped taking PEDS — hey! we MUST ask the question! — or else he has simply decided not to chance being out of shape:
There’s a little bit less of Michael Pineda in Yankees camp this spring. He said that he weighed in at 260 pounds, down from 280 a year ago, and that his rehab is going well.
“Everything is doing well. Everything has been good,” Pineda said. “I’m feeling very excited, I’m feeling good. My shoulder is stronger right now.”
Shoulder injuries are just an absolute disaster, but if Pineda can come back and be something close to the pitcher he was in Seattle, the Yankees will have a nice midseason addition. That is if he avoids a suspension for his DUI.
Oh man. Forgot. Baseball doesn’t care about that.
- Red Sox acquire Alejandro De Aza from Orioles 19
- Video: Lloyd McClendon got ejected, threw another tantrum 23
- Albert Pujols ties Jimmie Foxx on the all-time home run list 27
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 96
- Matt Holliday’s historical on-base streak ends with ejection 77
- Video: Joey Gallo goes way deep in second MLB at-bat 14
- Video: Joey Gallo’s first career plate appearance in the major leagues results in two runs scoring 10
- Scott Kazmir cleared to return to A’s rotation Friday 0
- Stan Hack didn’t hack and other inappropriate baseball names (186)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (97)