Feb 14, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Trout was listed at 210 pounds last season, but that number could be a bit misleading, as he was really sick during spring training and saw his weight drop from 220 to 208. He got back to his normal weight and then some as the season wore on, so this isn’t as big of a jump as it appears. Still, it’ll be interesting to see if the extra weight translates to more power and less stolen bases. Of course, Trout is a freak of nature, so the standard speculation might not apply with him.
On a related note, when Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com traveled to Trout’s hometown of Millville, New Jersey last month, he was told that the 21-year-old’s standard meal at his favorite restaurant, Jim’s Lunch, is six hamburgers. Not surprisingly, Trout’s dad described his son as “an eater.”
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)