Feb 14, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Trout was listed at 210 pounds last season, but that number could be a bit misleading, as he was really sick during spring training and saw his weight drop from 220 to 208. He got back to his normal weight and then some as the season wore on, so this isn’t as big of a jump as it appears. Still, it’ll be interesting to see if the extra weight translates to more power and less stolen bases. Of course, Trout is a freak of nature, so the standard speculation might not apply with him.
On a related note, when Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com traveled to Trout’s hometown of Millville, New Jersey last month, he was told that the 21-year-old’s standard meal at his favorite restaurant, Jim’s Lunch, is six hamburgers. Not surprisingly, Trout’s dad described his son as “an eater.”
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 0
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 1
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 1
- Andrew McCutchen scratched from Pirates’ starting lineup 5
- Ike Davis assured by Mets GM demotion is not imminent 9