Feb 14, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Trout was listed at 210 pounds last season, but that number could be a bit misleading, as he was really sick during spring training and saw his weight drop from 220 to 208. He got back to his normal weight and then some as the season wore on, so this isn’t as big of a jump as it appears. Still, it’ll be interesting to see if the extra weight translates to more power and less stolen bases. Of course, Trout is a freak of nature, so the standard speculation might not apply with him.
On a related note, when Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com traveled to Trout’s hometown of Millville, New Jersey last month, he was told that the 21-year-old’s standard meal at his favorite restaurant, Jim’s Lunch, is six hamburgers. Not surprisingly, Trout’s dad described his son as “an eater.”
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48