Feb 14, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
The Nationals pitchers and catchers were already to have reported. But closer Rafael Soriano has not shown up yet. And as Adam Kilgore reports, no one is sure where he is and no one with the team is commenting:
Team officials have given no explanation of Soriano’s absence. The team has not even acknowledged whether or not Soriano ever reported. General Manager Mike Rizzo did not return an e-mail inquiry Wednesday about Soriano’s whereabouts.
Occam’s Razor: Soriano is Batman and he’s out fighting crime.
UPDATE: Jon Morosi says that Soriano has a visa issue. Which is exactly what I would say if I was Batman and didn’t want anyone to know.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)