Feb 14, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
The Nationals pitchers and catchers were already to have reported. But closer Rafael Soriano has not shown up yet. And as Adam Kilgore reports, no one is sure where he is and no one with the team is commenting:
Team officials have given no explanation of Soriano’s absence. The team has not even acknowledged whether or not Soriano ever reported. General Manager Mike Rizzo did not return an e-mail inquiry Wednesday about Soriano’s whereabouts.
Occam’s Razor: Soriano is Batman and he’s out fighting crime.
UPDATE: Jon Morosi says that Soriano has a visa issue. Which is exactly what I would say if I was Batman and didn’t want anyone to know.
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 19
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 115
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 55
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (115)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (97)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along