Feb 14, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
The Nationals pitchers and catchers were already to have reported. But closer Rafael Soriano has not shown up yet. And as Adam Kilgore reports, no one is sure where he is and no one with the team is commenting:
Team officials have given no explanation of Soriano’s absence. The team has not even acknowledged whether or not Soriano ever reported. General Manager Mike Rizzo did not return an e-mail inquiry Wednesday about Soriano’s whereabouts.
Occam’s Razor: Soriano is Batman and he’s out fighting crime.
UPDATE: Jon Morosi says that Soriano has a visa issue. Which is exactly what I would say if I was Batman and didn’t want anyone to know.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)