Feb 14, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
The Nationals pitchers and catchers were already to have reported. But closer Rafael Soriano has not shown up yet. And as Adam Kilgore reports, no one is sure where he is and no one with the team is commenting:
Team officials have given no explanation of Soriano’s absence. The team has not even acknowledged whether or not Soriano ever reported. General Manager Mike Rizzo did not return an e-mail inquiry Wednesday about Soriano’s whereabouts.
Occam’s Razor: Soriano is Batman and he’s out fighting crime.
UPDATE: Jon Morosi says that Soriano has a visa issue. Which is exactly what I would say if I was Batman and didn’t want anyone to know.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (96)