Feb 14, 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
It makes sense that they didn’t have to simply waive Brignac, because despite hitting just .227 with a .586 OPS in 256 games as a big leaguer and not even producing much at Triple-A he’s a good defensive shortstop and former top prospect who’s still just 27 years old.
Brignac won’t be playing shortstop in Colorado unless Troy Tulowitzki gets hurt again, but he could work his way into the mix at the other infield spots while serving as a utility man.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)