Feb 14, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
… it’s always been a mixture of good with the bad with Holland, who has also parlayed his goofball personality into some extra time in front of the cameras. Whether he’s a master self-promoter or just a kind-hearted soul who won’t refuse a request for his time, Holland has been told to try toning down the act and to put more attention on baseball.
Holland says he’ll be doing fewer interviews, goofy skits and spending less time on Twitter. Which is kind of sad because he’s one of the few ballplayers who seem like a lot of fun in that regard.
Of course goofing off doesn’t pay the bills. Pitching does. And even if there isn’t a connection between his pitching and his media profile, if the former goes south, people won’t hesitate to blame the latter, because that’s just how people are.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 42
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)