Feb 14, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
… it’s always been a mixture of good with the bad with Holland, who has also parlayed his goofball personality into some extra time in front of the cameras. Whether he’s a master self-promoter or just a kind-hearted soul who won’t refuse a request for his time, Holland has been told to try toning down the act and to put more attention on baseball.
Holland says he’ll be doing fewer interviews, goofy skits and spending less time on Twitter. Which is kind of sad because he’s one of the few ballplayers who seem like a lot of fun in that regard.
Of course goofing off doesn’t pay the bills. Pitching does. And even if there isn’t a connection between his pitching and his media profile, if the former goes south, people won’t hesitate to blame the latter, because that’s just how people are.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 11
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)