Feb 14, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Trevor Cahill told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that he’s lost 10-15 pounds because he wasn’t happy with his defense and athleticism last year. Nick is hip to the BSHOL club and he’s a good reporter, so he asked the question that had to be asked:
Does this mean he’s a member of the Best Shape of His Life club?
“I was maybe in better shape when I was 16,” Cahill said.
How about Best Shape of His Adult Life?
“Yeah,” he said. “I’m still not an adult, though.”
That’s well and good, but Cahill is an Arizona Diamondback. More important than his conditioning is his GF (grit factor). Gotta know where that stands before I can do an accurate prediction of how his season is gonna go.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)