Feb 14, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Trevor Cahill told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that he’s lost 10-15 pounds because he wasn’t happy with his defense and athleticism last year. Nick is hip to the BSHOL club and he’s a good reporter, so he asked the question that had to be asked:
Does this mean he’s a member of the Best Shape of His Life club?
“I was maybe in better shape when I was 16,” Cahill said.
How about Best Shape of His Adult Life?
“Yeah,” he said. “I’m still not an adult, though.”
That’s well and good, but Cahill is an Arizona Diamondback. More important than his conditioning is his GF (grit factor). Gotta know where that stands before I can do an accurate prediction of how his season is gonna go.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 46
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)