Feb 14, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Trevor Cahill told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that he’s lost 10-15 pounds because he wasn’t happy with his defense and athleticism last year. Nick is hip to the BSHOL club and he’s a good reporter, so he asked the question that had to be asked:
Does this mean he’s a member of the Best Shape of His Life club?
“I was maybe in better shape when I was 16,” Cahill said.
How about Best Shape of His Adult Life?
“Yeah,” he said. “I’m still not an adult, though.”
That’s well and good, but Cahill is an Arizona Diamondback. More important than his conditioning is his GF (grit factor). Gotta know where that stands before I can do an accurate prediction of how his season is gonna go.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 65
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 59
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)