Feb 14, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Trevor Cahill told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that he’s lost 10-15 pounds because he wasn’t happy with his defense and athleticism last year. Nick is hip to the BSHOL club and he’s a good reporter, so he asked the question that had to be asked:
Does this mean he’s a member of the Best Shape of His Life club?
“I was maybe in better shape when I was 16,” Cahill said.
How about Best Shape of His Adult Life?
“Yeah,” he said. “I’m still not an adult, though.”
That’s well and good, but Cahill is an Arizona Diamondback. More important than his conditioning is his GF (grit factor). Gotta know where that stands before I can do an accurate prediction of how his season is gonna go.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)