Feb 14, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Trevor Cahill told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that he’s lost 10-15 pounds because he wasn’t happy with his defense and athleticism last year. Nick is hip to the BSHOL club and he’s a good reporter, so he asked the question that had to be asked:
Does this mean he’s a member of the Best Shape of His Life club?
“I was maybe in better shape when I was 16,” Cahill said.
How about Best Shape of His Adult Life?
“Yeah,” he said. “I’m still not an adult, though.”
That’s well and good, but Cahill is an Arizona Diamondback. More important than his conditioning is his GF (grit factor). Gotta know where that stands before I can do an accurate prediction of how his season is gonna go.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 5
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 53
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)