Feb 14, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
The other day Yankees president Randy Levine compared his show dog to Derek Jeter. Today Bob Klapisch compares Mariano Rivera to a greyhound:
There he was, long and lean as a greyhound, delivering one easy toss after another, straight out of a da Vinci ink drawing. There’s perfect and then there’s Mariano Rivera releasing a baseball, the image of which goes a long way toward preserving the Yankees’ mental health.
Setting aside the notion that that sentence ought to be taken out and shot by the Mixed Metaphor squad of the Drama Police, I eagerly await which Yankee will be the next to be compared to a dog.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86