Feb 14, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
The other day Yankees president Randy Levine compared his show dog to Derek Jeter. Today Bob Klapisch compares Mariano Rivera to a greyhound:
There he was, long and lean as a greyhound, delivering one easy toss after another, straight out of a da Vinci ink drawing. There’s perfect and then there’s Mariano Rivera releasing a baseball, the image of which goes a long way toward preserving the Yankees’ mental health.
Setting aside the notion that that sentence ought to be taken out and shot by the Mixed Metaphor squad of the Drama Police, I eagerly await which Yankee will be the next to be compared to a dog.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)