Feb 14, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
The other day Yankees president Randy Levine compared his show dog to Derek Jeter. Today Bob Klapisch compares Mariano Rivera to a greyhound:
There he was, long and lean as a greyhound, delivering one easy toss after another, straight out of a da Vinci ink drawing. There’s perfect and then there’s Mariano Rivera releasing a baseball, the image of which goes a long way toward preserving the Yankees’ mental health.
Setting aside the notion that that sentence ought to be taken out and shot by the Mixed Metaphor squad of the Drama Police, I eagerly await which Yankee will be the next to be compared to a dog.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)