Feb 15, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
A few years ago Josh Hamilton avoided the Rangers’ clubhouse celebration because beer and champagne were being sprayed (and consumed) all over the place and later the Rangers switched to ginger ale so Hamilton would feel comfortable taking part in the festivities despite his history of alcohol and drug problems.
It remains to be seen how the Angels will celebrate if/when they get to the playoffs or win a postseason series, but Hamilton’s new team doesn’t plan to alter their overall clubhouse alcohol policy:
Addition of Josh Hamilton won’t change #Angels alcohol policy. They will have beer but no hard liquor in clubhouse after games, Scioscia sd.
— Mike DiGiovanna (@MikeDiGiovanna) February 15, 2013
Pretty standard across baseball, although certainly not standard in other professions. What percentage of people work at a place where drinking alcohol is not only allowed, but the alcohol is actually provided by their employers? Even us bloggers have to buy our own beer if we wanted to spend the work day drinking*.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 22
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 34
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 30
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)