Feb 15, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Young had a physical as apart of the routine of checking in. Young does not know how much he weighs.
“I don’t really go on the scale that much,” Young said Friday at Bright House Field. “I just see what clothes fit and see when I can go on the beach.”
Young then added that it’s too cold to go to the beach.
Young’s weight is a bigger topic than usual this season because his Phillies contract includes $100,000 incentives for each of six random weigh-ins this spring. Unless he can convince them to just pay the incentives based on how often his body image is good enough to feel comfortable hanging out at the beach, of course.
Note: I hope that doesn’t become a standard method for paying employees, however, because then I’ll have to blog for free. In my fat jeans.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)