Feb 15, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Young had a physical as apart of the routine of checking in. Young does not know how much he weighs.
“I don’t really go on the scale that much,” Young said Friday at Bright House Field. “I just see what clothes fit and see when I can go on the beach.”
Young then added that it’s too cold to go to the beach.
Young’s weight is a bigger topic than usual this season because his Phillies contract includes $100,000 incentives for each of six random weigh-ins this spring. Unless he can convince them to just pay the incentives based on how often his body image is good enough to feel comfortable hanging out at the beach, of course.
Note: I hope that doesn’t become a standard method for paying employees, however, because then I’ll have to blog for free. In my fat jeans.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 13
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 64
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)