Feb 15, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Young had a physical as apart of the routine of checking in. Young does not know how much he weighs.
“I don’t really go on the scale that much,” Young said Friday at Bright House Field. “I just see what clothes fit and see when I can go on the beach.”
Young then added that it’s too cold to go to the beach.
Young’s weight is a bigger topic than usual this season because his Phillies contract includes $100,000 incentives for each of six random weigh-ins this spring. Unless he can convince them to just pay the incentives based on how often his body image is good enough to feel comfortable hanging out at the beach, of course.
Note: I hope that doesn’t become a standard method for paying employees, however, because then I’ll have to blog for free. In my fat jeans.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)