Feb 15, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Young had a physical as apart of the routine of checking in. Young does not know how much he weighs.
“I don’t really go on the scale that much,” Young said Friday at Bright House Field. “I just see what clothes fit and see when I can go on the beach.”
Young then added that it’s too cold to go to the beach.
Young’s weight is a bigger topic than usual this season because his Phillies contract includes $100,000 incentives for each of six random weigh-ins this spring. Unless he can convince them to just pay the incentives based on how often his body image is good enough to feel comfortable hanging out at the beach, of course.
Note: I hope that doesn’t become a standard method for paying employees, however, because then I’ll have to blog for free. In my fat jeans.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 18
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 32
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)