Feb 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Not gonna lie, I used that headline as an attention-grabber. The purpose: to get you to go read Wendy Thurm’s survey of women’s baseball gear over at FanGraphs. Which starts out with a somewhat surprising fact regarding the pink gear so many of you dislike:
I surveyed the women’s section of each team’s gear for sale at MLB.com. I was pleased to find that, among the items currently for sale, the small minority are pink or with rhinestone or sequins. Some play up women’s sexuality but not, in my view, in a demeaning way. And the number of interesting, versatile and useful items for women baseball fans is growing.
It’s a fun article with a lot of fun merch you probably didn’t imagine existed. Like baby carriers. And Chief Wahoo earrings for that girl you’ve been after who believes that things aren’t racist if they’ve been around for a long time.
And yes, the headline revelation: only two teams — the Phillies and the Yankees — sell team logo thongs. You mileage may vary on whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)