Feb 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Not gonna lie, I used that headline as an attention-grabber. The purpose: to get you to go read Wendy Thurm’s survey of women’s baseball gear over at FanGraphs. Which starts out with a somewhat surprising fact regarding the pink gear so many of you dislike:
I surveyed the women’s section of each team’s gear for sale at MLB.com. I was pleased to find that, among the items currently for sale, the small minority are pink or with rhinestone or sequins. Some play up women’s sexuality but not, in my view, in a demeaning way. And the number of interesting, versatile and useful items for women baseball fans is growing.
It’s a fun article with a lot of fun merch you probably didn’t imagine existed. Like baby carriers. And Chief Wahoo earrings for that girl you’ve been after who believes that things aren’t racist if they’ve been around for a long time.
And yes, the headline revelation: only two teams — the Phillies and the Yankees — sell team logo thongs. You mileage may vary on whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
- Major League Baseball to investigate Randy Levine for tampering as a result of Mike Trout comment 6
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” 83
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 17
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 60
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 6
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)