Feb 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Not gonna lie, I used that headline as an attention-grabber. The purpose: to get you to go read Wendy Thurm’s survey of women’s baseball gear over at FanGraphs. Which starts out with a somewhat surprising fact regarding the pink gear so many of you dislike:
I surveyed the women’s section of each team’s gear for sale at MLB.com. I was pleased to find that, among the items currently for sale, the small minority are pink or with rhinestone or sequins. Some play up women’s sexuality but not, in my view, in a demeaning way. And the number of interesting, versatile and useful items for women baseball fans is growing.
It’s a fun article with a lot of fun merch you probably didn’t imagine existed. Like baby carriers. And Chief Wahoo earrings for that girl you’ve been after who believes that things aren’t racist if they’ve been around for a long time.
And yes, the headline revelation: only two teams — the Phillies and the Yankees — sell team logo thongs. You mileage may vary on whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)