Feb 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
First, from two days ago, the good news:
Phillies insist Delmon Young has lost lots of weight. “Thin and in shape” was one description.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) February 13, 2013
Now, from Matt Gelb’s report this morning, the bad news:
Young is already behind schedule. The controversial outfielder reported to camp Friday morning but did not speak to reporters. Young had microfracture surgery on his ankle in November. It’s unknown when he will be ready to play in Grapefruit League games, or if he will at all.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy