Feb 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
First, from two days ago, the good news:
Phillies insist Delmon Young has lost lots of weight. “Thin and in shape” was one description.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) February 13, 2013
Now, from Matt Gelb’s report this morning, the bad news:
Young is already behind schedule. The controversial outfielder reported to camp Friday morning but did not speak to reporters. Young had microfracture surgery on his ankle in November. It’s unknown when he will be ready to play in Grapefruit League games, or if he will at all.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69