Feb 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
First, from two days ago, the good news:
Phillies insist Delmon Young has lost lots of weight. “Thin and in shape” was one description.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) February 13, 2013
Now, from Matt Gelb’s report this morning, the bad news:
Young is already behind schedule. The controversial outfielder reported to camp Friday morning but did not speak to reporters. Young had microfracture surgery on his ankle in November. It’s unknown when he will be ready to play in Grapefruit League games, or if he will at all.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)