Feb 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
First, from two days ago, the good news:
Phillies insist Delmon Young has lost lots of weight. “Thin and in shape” was one description.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) February 13, 2013
Now, from Matt Gelb’s report this morning, the bad news:
Young is already behind schedule. The controversial outfielder reported to camp Friday morning but did not speak to reporters. Young had microfracture surgery on his ankle in November. It’s unknown when he will be ready to play in Grapefruit League games, or if he will at all.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)