Feb 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
First, from two days ago, the good news:
Phillies insist Delmon Young has lost lots of weight. “Thin and in shape” was one description.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) February 13, 2013
Now, from Matt Gelb’s report this morning, the bad news:
Young is already behind schedule. The controversial outfielder reported to camp Friday morning but did not speak to reporters. Young had microfracture surgery on his ankle in November. It’s unknown when he will be ready to play in Grapefruit League games, or if he will at all.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 64
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 36
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)