Feb 15, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Red Sox president Larry Lucchino was at Jet Blue Park yesterday. Money quote:
“I actually like being the underdog … We’re just scrappy underdogs trying to win for our franchise and for our fans.”
The Red Sox’ esimated payroll for 2013 is $162 million. As of last year they were the third most valuable franchise, had the second most in revenues and the second most in operating income.
But hey, it’s your team Larry. If you want to call the Sox “scrappy underdogs,” I’m not gonna stop you.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)