Feb 15, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Red Sox president Larry Lucchino was at Jet Blue Park yesterday. Money quote:
“I actually like being the underdog … We’re just scrappy underdogs trying to win for our franchise and for our fans.”
The Red Sox’ esimated payroll for 2013 is $162 million. As of last year they were the third most valuable franchise, had the second most in revenues and the second most in operating income.
But hey, it’s your team Larry. If you want to call the Sox “scrappy underdogs,” I’m not gonna stop you.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)