Feb 15, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Bad news: the mocked-up milk carton of a missing Rafael Sorinao I made is no longer useful. Good news: it’s because he got his visa and is reporting to camp:
Nationals closer Rafael Soriano will not be absent for long. He was able to get his visa in the Dominican Republic on Friday and will report to Nats camp by Saturday, according to manager Davey Johnson. Pitchers and catchers were scheduled to report this past Wednesday.
I was talking to a baseball reporter offline about visa things and the Dominican Republic the other day. I asked him why these guys just don’t file their paperwork earlier. The response was that early’s got nothing to do with it and that getting stuff like that done in the Dominican Republic is like dealing with Information Retrieval in “Brazil.” It’s a wonder that more guys don’t get held up, actually.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59