Feb 15, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
The Miami Marlins just announced that they signed Casey Kotchman. Not gonna say Casey Kotchman doesn’t streak across my radar very often, but I had no idea that he wasn’t on a team. This time next year I imagine he’ll replace Miguel Cairo as that guy I am shocked to learn is still in baseball once or twice a year.
Kotchman hit .229/.280/.333 with 12 home runs, 55 RBI and a .612 OPS in 142 games with the Indians last season. Presumably he’d back up Logan Morrison. Or cover first in the unlikely event Morrison plays some in left.
Or right if Jeff Loria trades Giancarlo Stanton for some magic beans two days after suggesting he purchase property in south Florida.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 11
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 63
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)