Feb 16, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Bad news this afternoon out of Brewers camp.
Gamel told reporters recently that he has “good days and bad days” with the knee and Brewers assistant GM Gord Ash sent word to the media shortly after today’s incident that the team was “just being careful” in cutting Gamel’s workout short. But it’s pretty obvious that things are not going well.
Gamel was supposed to serve as the Brewers’ starting first baseman this season while Corey Hart recovers from January knee surgery. But Milwaukee might need another backup plan.
Gamel tore his ACL last May and hasn’t appeared in a game since.
- Futures Game lineups: Team USA vs. Team World 0
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 16
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 1
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)