Feb 16, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Bad news this afternoon out of Brewers camp.
Gamel told reporters recently that he has “good days and bad days” with the knee and Brewers assistant GM Gord Ash sent word to the media shortly after today’s incident that the team was “just being careful” in cutting Gamel’s workout short. But it’s pretty obvious that things are not going well.
Gamel was supposed to serve as the Brewers’ starting first baseman this season while Corey Hart recovers from January knee surgery. But Milwaukee might need another backup plan.
Gamel tore his ACL last May and hasn’t appeared in a game since.
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 0
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 338
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (338)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)