Feb 16, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Bad news this afternoon out of Brewers camp.
Gamel told reporters recently that he has “good days and bad days” with the knee and Brewers assistant GM Gord Ash sent word to the media shortly after today’s incident that the team was “just being careful” in cutting Gamel’s workout short. But it’s pretty obvious that things are not going well.
Gamel was supposed to serve as the Brewers’ starting first baseman this season while Corey Hart recovers from January knee surgery. But Milwaukee might need another backup plan.
Gamel tore his ACL last May and hasn’t appeared in a game since.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 13
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)