Feb 16, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Bad news this afternoon out of Brewers camp.
Gamel told reporters recently that he has “good days and bad days” with the knee and Brewers assistant GM Gord Ash sent word to the media shortly after today’s incident that the team was “just being careful” in cutting Gamel’s workout short. But it’s pretty obvious that things are not going well.
Gamel was supposed to serve as the Brewers’ starting first baseman this season while Corey Hart recovers from January knee surgery. But Milwaukee might need another backup plan.
Gamel tore his ACL last May and hasn’t appeared in a game since.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 25
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 17
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)