Feb 16, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
Bill Plunkett of the Orange County-Register has a piece up about new Dodgers’ right-hander Zack Greinke, who went into detail yesterday about his social anxiety disorder. In short, he hasn’t really had an issue since 2007 and still takes Zoloft daily.
While some have speculated about how Greinke will respond to playing under the microscope in Los Angeles, that isn’t really on his mind. He’s much more worried about the traffic. In fact, he explored the possibility of taking a helicopter to Dodger Stadium in order to make his commute easier. Alas, it’s not going to happen.
“I did. I looked into it but I don’t think you can land at the stadium,” Greinke said. “It’s not as easy as it sounds.”
Hey, these are things that sound practical for someone who just signed a six-year, $147 million contract. I wonder if he got this idea from watching Steve Nebraska in “The Scout.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)