Feb 17, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York provides the visual evidence:
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) February 17, 2013
Santana made it through the workout without any sort of complications and will now perform regular bullpen sessions in Mets camp until he is cleared to appear in a Grapefruit League game. The Mets are hoping that the 33-year-old left-hander will feel well enough to start on Opening Day (April 1) against the Padres.
Santana posted a 4.85 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 111/39 K/BB ratio across 117 innings last season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)