Feb 17, 2013, 3:04 PM EST
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York provides the visual evidence:
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) February 17, 2013
Santana made it through the workout without any sort of complications and will now perform regular bullpen sessions in Mets camp until he is cleared to appear in a Grapefruit League game. The Mets are hoping that the 33-year-old left-hander will feel well enough to start on Opening Day (April 1) against the Padres.
Santana posted a 4.85 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 111/39 K/BB ratio across 117 innings last season.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)