Feb 17, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York provides the visual evidence:
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) February 17, 2013
Santana made it through the workout without any sort of complications and will now perform regular bullpen sessions in Mets camp until he is cleared to appear in a Grapefruit League game. The Mets are hoping that the 33-year-old left-hander will feel well enough to start on Opening Day (April 1) against the Padres.
Santana posted a 4.85 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 111/39 K/BB ratio across 117 innings last season.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 38
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)