Feb 17, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York provides the visual evidence:
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) February 17, 2013
Santana made it through the workout without any sort of complications and will now perform regular bullpen sessions in Mets camp until he is cleared to appear in a Grapefruit League game. The Mets are hoping that the 33-year-old left-hander will feel well enough to start on Opening Day (April 1) against the Padres.
Santana posted a 4.85 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 111/39 K/BB ratio across 117 innings last season.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect