Feb 18, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Chipper Jones has focused mostly on tweeting since retiring, but yesterday he was back in uniform as a guest coach for the Braves.
Mark Bowman of MLB.com writes that Jones looked the part while walking around carrying a fungo bat, but manager Fredi Gonzalez had an amusing Day 1 performance review:
He’s a rookie coach. We’ve got to bring him along a little bit. I will address the issue of him sitting on the bucket for two rounds [of batting practice].
I like the image of various veteran Braves coaches mumbling “ugh, rookies” under their breath whenever Jones does anything.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)