Feb 18, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
Injured Milwaukee Brewer first basemen stick together. From Adam McCalvy of MLB.com:
Sure, it’s cliche to think of Major League teammates as family. But Corey Hart proved today that it can also be true. Hart has already extended an offer for Mat Gamel to move in with Hart and his family for the remainder of Spring Training.
They’re both rehabbing. Maybe more importantly, after yet another big injury right when he was poised to take over a big position, Gamel might understandably feel alienated. I know I would. It’s really cool for a fixture like Hart to invite Gamel into his home like that.
- Cardinals sign Cuban infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 0
- UPDATE: Ervin Santana is prepared to wait “days” before signing 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)