Feb 18, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
Injured Milwaukee Brewer first basemen stick together. From Adam McCalvy of MLB.com:
Sure, it’s cliche to think of Major League teammates as family. But Corey Hart proved today that it can also be true. Hart has already extended an offer for Mat Gamel to move in with Hart and his family for the remainder of Spring Training.
They’re both rehabbing. Maybe more importantly, after yet another big injury right when he was poised to take over a big position, Gamel might understandably feel alienated. I know I would. It’s really cool for a fixture like Hart to invite Gamel into his home like that.
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 0
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 4
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 3
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 1
- Andrew McCutchen scratched from Pirates’ starting lineup 5