Feb 18, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Last month Freddy Sanchez‘s agent said “about 20 teams” requested the oft-injured second baseman’s medical records, but they must not have liked what they saw because the 35-year-old free agent remains unsigned.
However, yesterday agent Paul Cobbe told Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com that Sanchez “is not looking to hang ‘em up by any means” and is willing to sign somewhere as a bench player.
Sanchez hasn’t played since dislocating his shoulder in mid-2011 and had tons of injuries before that as well, so he’d no doubt have to settle for a minor-league deal. Cobbe called re-signing with the Giants a “dream scenario” for Sanchez, but it sounds like the feeling isn’t mutual.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17