Feb 18, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Last month Freddy Sanchez‘s agent said “about 20 teams” requested the oft-injured second baseman’s medical records, but they must not have liked what they saw because the 35-year-old free agent remains unsigned.
However, yesterday agent Paul Cobbe told Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com that Sanchez “is not looking to hang ‘em up by any means” and is willing to sign somewhere as a bench player.
Sanchez hasn’t played since dislocating his shoulder in mid-2011 and had tons of injuries before that as well, so he’d no doubt have to settle for a minor-league deal. Cobbe called re-signing with the Giants a “dream scenario” for Sanchez, but it sounds like the feeling isn’t mutual.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 3
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)