Feb 18, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Aceves made a mockery of John Farrell’s camp on Sunday with his lobbing of the ball into home plate during batting practice. It was the first “incident” from a player in the Farrell era, and it comes as no surprise that Aceves was the culprit. …
Aceves was “talked to” by both Farrell and pitching coach Juan Nieves and eventually started throwing at normal speed, the issue was “addressed” according to Farrell.
Aceves went 2-10 with a 5.36 ERA in 84 innings last season, so it’s not as if the Red Sox are merely putting up with his nonsense because he’s such an amazing player. They’re also paying him $2.65 million after avoiding arbitration with a one-year deal, so the Red Sox knew what they were getting back into when they chose not to trade or non-tender Aceves.
With that said: Ugh.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 76
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 42
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 24
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)