Feb 18, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Aceves made a mockery of John Farrell’s camp on Sunday with his lobbing of the ball into home plate during batting practice. It was the first “incident” from a player in the Farrell era, and it comes as no surprise that Aceves was the culprit. …
Aceves was “talked to” by both Farrell and pitching coach Juan Nieves and eventually started throwing at normal speed, the issue was “addressed” according to Farrell.
Aceves went 2-10 with a 5.36 ERA in 84 innings last season, so it’s not as if the Red Sox are merely putting up with his nonsense because he’s such an amazing player. They’re also paying him $2.65 million after avoiding arbitration with a one-year deal, so the Red Sox knew what they were getting back into when they chose not to trade or non-tender Aceves.
With that said: Ugh.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:40 AM EDT(Edit)
The future is now in Chicago.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT(Edit)
Padres right-hander Ian Kennedy landed on the disabled list after exiting his season debut on April 9 with a mild left hamstring strain, but he’s on track to return Saturday against the Dodgers.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT(Edit)
Things are quickly going from bad to worse for the Brewers.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:06 PM EDT(Edit)
This from Reds manager Bryan Price is not a good look at all.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:49 PM EDT(Edit)
Tonight’s Cubs-Pirates game was delayed for 23 minutes after a woman was hit in the back of the head by a foul ball in the top of the second inning.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT(Edit)
The Rockies are calling him day-to-day.
Apr 20, 2015, 8:55 PM EDT(Edit)
Ben Zobrist left Sunday’s game due to left knee soreness and he’s now slated to miss at least another couple of days after receiving a cortisone shot.
Apr 20, 2015, 7:29 PM EDT(Edit)
Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander had to cut a simulated game short last Wednesday and he’s currently in shutdown mode due to continued soreness in his throwing arm.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT(Edit)
The Mets won their eighth straight game Sunday against the Marlins to improve to 10-3 on the year, but it came as a cost, as catcher Travis d’Arnaud and left-handed reliever Jerry Blevins were forced to leave the game due to injuries. Today we learned a little bit more about how long they’ll be sidelined.
Apr 20, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT(Edit)
It was bad enough that he needed stitches.
Apr 20, 2015, 2:22 PM EDT(Edit)
Last season he threw 184 innings with a 4.11 ERA and 139/67 K/BB ratio.
Apr 20, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT(Edit)
And he actually owns up to taking stuff. None of that “I have no idea how that got in my system” rebop from him.
Apr 20, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT(Edit)
People from El Paso are still mad about that. Oh well.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT(Edit)
Allen Craig replaced him in left field against the Orioles.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT(Edit)
Beachy is 28 years old with a 3.23 ERA and 275 strikeouts in 268 career innings.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT(Edit)
The greatest trick baseball columnists ever pulled was convincing the world that the way they frame a topic is the only way to approach the topic.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT(Edit)
“You can’t do anything to fix it.”
Apr 20, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT(Edit)
His health is a huge key to the Angels’ success this season.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:52 AM EDT(Edit)
If you hate in-game interviews of managers, just wait for in-game interviews of players.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)