Feb 18, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Luke Scott promised to bring something interesting this morning for “show and tell” and he did–a stuffed boar’s head. “My first confirmed kill with a spear,” he said before heading out for today’s workout.
A year ago at this time Scott made headlines for calling Red Sox fans “ruthless and vulgar” and before that he outed himself as an Obama birther, so showing off the head of an animal he killed probably doesn’t even get teammates to do a double-take.
And the Rays must have liked him in the clubhouse well enough last season, because despite Scott’s poor production at the plate they re-signed him to a one-year, $2.75 million deal.
UPDATE: Mooney posted a picture:
— RMooneyTBO (@RMooneyTBO) February 18, 2013
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (135)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)