Feb 18, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Luke Scott promised to bring something interesting this morning for “show and tell” and he did–a stuffed boar’s head. “My first confirmed kill with a spear,” he said before heading out for today’s workout.
A year ago at this time Scott made headlines for calling Red Sox fans “ruthless and vulgar” and before that he outed himself as an Obama birther, so showing off the head of an animal he killed probably doesn’t even get teammates to do a double-take.
And the Rays must have liked him in the clubhouse well enough last season, because despite Scott’s poor production at the plate they re-signed him to a one-year, $2.75 million deal.
UPDATE: Mooney posted a picture:
— RMooneyTBO (@RMooneyTBO) February 18, 2013
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 8
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires