Feb 18, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Luke Scott promised to bring something interesting this morning for “show and tell” and he did–a stuffed boar’s head. “My first confirmed kill with a spear,” he said before heading out for today’s workout.
A year ago at this time Scott made headlines for calling Red Sox fans “ruthless and vulgar” and before that he outed himself as an Obama birther, so showing off the head of an animal he killed probably doesn’t even get teammates to do a double-take.
And the Rays must have liked him in the clubhouse well enough last season, because despite Scott’s poor production at the plate they re-signed him to a one-year, $2.75 million deal.
UPDATE: Mooney posted a picture:
— RMooneyTBO (@RMooneyTBO) February 18, 2013
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 6
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 117
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39