Feb 18, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Luke Scott promised to bring something interesting this morning for “show and tell” and he did–a stuffed boar’s head. “My first confirmed kill with a spear,” he said before heading out for today’s workout.
A year ago at this time Scott made headlines for calling Red Sox fans “ruthless and vulgar” and before that he outed himself as an Obama birther, so showing off the head of an animal he killed probably doesn’t even get teammates to do a double-take.
And the Rays must have liked him in the clubhouse well enough last season, because despite Scott’s poor production at the plate they re-signed him to a one-year, $2.75 million deal.
UPDATE: Mooney posted a picture:
— RMooneyTBO (@RMooneyTBO) February 18, 2013
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)