Feb 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the Pirates have signed manager Clint Hurdle to a one-year extension with an option for the 2015 season.
Hurdle is is 151-173 in two seasons with the Pirates, but he has increased the win total each year, even if the past two seasons have been characterized by first half promise and second half collapses. It’s hard to argue, though, that his teams have underperformed their talent level.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)