Feb 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the Pirates have signed manager Clint Hurdle to a one-year extension with an option for the 2015 season.
Hurdle is is 151-173 in two seasons with the Pirates, but he has increased the win total each year, even if the past two seasons have been characterized by first half promise and second half collapses. It’s hard to argue, though, that his teams have underperformed their talent level.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)