Feb 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the Pirates have signed manager Clint Hurdle to a one-year extension with an option for the 2015 season.
Hurdle is is 151-173 in two seasons with the Pirates, but he has increased the win total each year, even if the past two seasons have been characterized by first half promise and second half collapses. It’s hard to argue, though, that his teams have underperformed their talent level.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)