Feb 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the Pirates have signed manager Clint Hurdle to a one-year extension with an option for the 2015 season.
Hurdle is is 151-173 in two seasons with the Pirates, but he has increased the win total each year, even if the past two seasons have been characterized by first half promise and second half collapses. It’s hard to argue, though, that his teams have underperformed their talent level.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)