Feb 19, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
Someone sedate Buster Olney. A player is offering a vague statement of regret but providing no additional details. Susan Slusser of the Chronicle reports:
Bartolo Colon met with the media on Tuesday morning, with his usual interpreter, Ariel Prieto, on hand to help. He started off by saying, “The only thing I can say about last year is I apologize to everyone, even the fans, the team, the front office about what happened.”
That was pretty much it. He’s going to apologize to his teammates individually, but he’s going to conduct neither the detailed debriefing nor offer the steely “no comment” which Olney thinks is OK.
Pfun Pfact: Slusser reports that Colon knew about his positive PED test six weeks before his suspension was announced. Bob Melvin didn’t know until the day he was suspended. That’s how the appeals system works, but man, that’s gotta be weird.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)