Feb 19, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Someone sedate Buster Olney. A player is offering a vague statement of regret but providing no additional details. Susan Slusser of the Chronicle reports:
Bartolo Colon met with the media on Tuesday morning, with his usual interpreter, Ariel Prieto, on hand to help. He started off by saying, “The only thing I can say about last year is I apologize to everyone, even the fans, the team, the front office about what happened.”
That was pretty much it. He’s going to apologize to his teammates individually, but he’s going to conduct neither the detailed debriefing nor offer the steely “no comment” which Olney thinks is OK.
Pfun Pfact: Slusser reports that Colon knew about his positive PED test six weeks before his suspension was announced. Bob Melvin didn’t know until the day he was suspended. That’s how the appeals system works, but man, that’s gotta be weird.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)