Carlos Gomez is in The Best Shape of His Life

Feb 19, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT

Man, we got actual professional beat reporters hipping us to these things now. We should spin this feature off to BSOHLTalk:

He’s always been in pretty good shape. But if he’s truly in the BSOHL, I can’t even imagine how fast his home run trots are going to be.

1. cur68 - Feb 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Are home run laps exclusive of inside the park home runs? I imagine that those would be DAMN fast. I also suspect that Prince Fielder would then have one of the fastest.

• cur68 - Feb 19, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I have an answer:

I was wrong about Fielder’s ITP-HR. Its not among the fastest

/does not faint in surprise

• historiophiliac - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Now you are in time out too.

• stlouis1baseball - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM

What’s impressive is Harpers time compared to Billy Hamiltons INSIDE THE PARK HR time.

• historiophiliac - Feb 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Probably.

• stlouis1baseball - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM

It’s alright Cur. When she isn’t looking I am playing trash can basketball in my bedroom.
      All in all…this particular time out is providing me with a lot of time for reflection.

• cur68 - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I’m editing my thesis in time out. As I edit I’m doodling chubby guys running the bases, moobs-a-jiggle, so that my supervisor and committee members can wonder about the state of my metal health.

• historiophiliac - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I hear you all in there! >:(

• cur68 - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Its not us. Its the dog. She’s always getting us in trouble.

• historiophiliac - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Do not blame this on the dog. This is your last warning. Next time, I just hit you w/ my shoe.

2. kiwicricket - Feb 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I can’t wait until ‘side strain/pulled oblique’ season. Then we know we are REAL close to Baseball.

• uwsptke - Feb 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM

The last few years have seen an increase in popularity among issues with “intercostal” muscles.

3. stlouis1baseball - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Great news!
    The 2013 BestShapeOfHisLife Baseball Club now has a bona fide base stealing threat.
    We are gonna’ need it with Double Switch Dusty Managing the team.
    Everyone knows how he hates guys who clog up the bases.

Go BSOHL Baseball Club!

Who's outside looking in on playoffs?
  1. R. Castillo (2937)