Feb 19, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Miami Marlins first baseman Casey Kotchman has received four stitches to close a cut on his left ring finger after running into a pop-up machine during infield drills … he manager says Kotchman was injured when he “tried to get around the machine and grabbed onto it and I guess cut his finger somehow.”
They then moved the pop-up machine. Worst part: Jeff Loria just told that pop-up machine that it should buy a house in that part of the infield two days ago.
In other, somewhat pathetic news, I actually looked up last year’s leaders in infield pop-ups to make the Rollins joke. Before I looked it up I had Dan Uggla listed there. Was happy to see that he was actually 5th in the category, which means my perception of him as weakly popping up every time he didn’t strike out last season was not just me being a pessimist.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming