Feb 19, 2013, 8:40 AM EST
Miami Marlins first baseman Casey Kotchman has received four stitches to close a cut on his left ring finger after running into a pop-up machine during infield drills … he manager says Kotchman was injured when he “tried to get around the machine and grabbed onto it and I guess cut his finger somehow.”
They then moved the pop-up machine. Worst part: Jeff Loria just told that pop-up machine that it should buy a house in that part of the infield two days ago.
In other, somewhat pathetic news, I actually looked up last year’s leaders in infield pop-ups to make the Rollins joke. Before I looked it up I had Dan Uggla listed there. Was happy to see that he was actually 5th in the category, which means my perception of him as weakly popping up every time he didn’t strike out last season was not just me being a pessimist.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 85
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (85)