Feb 19, 2013, 8:40 PM EST
From investigative reporters T.J. Quinn and Mike Fish of ESPN.com comes word that Padres shortstop Everth Cabrera, A’s left-hander Jordan Norberto, Astros outfielder Fernando Martinez, Padres right-hander Fautino De Los Santos and Mets outfield prospect Cesar Puello have also been discovered in the records of the Miami-based Biogenesis clinic.
The players “were on a list as having received performance-enhancing drugs” from the clinic’s director, Anthony Bosch, according to ESPN.com.
Also in the ESPN.com report is an update on Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez, whose name was discovered in the Biogenesis records by the Miami New Times last month. A source told Quinn and Fish that Gonzalez “did not receive banned substances from Bosch or the clinic” and is “the only Bosch client named thus far who did not receive performance-enhancing drugs.” Which would seem to implicate the other players who have been linked.
Gonzalez had urine and blood samples taken two days after that initial New Times article came out.
It’s quite clear that Quinn and Fish have well-connected sources, meaning there’s probably more to come.
Dec 22, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“You see what’s going on, but …”
Dec 22, 2014, 10:34 AM EST
Who will tell us that they’re “takin’ it one game at a time” now?!
Dec 22, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Dec 22, 2014, 9:04 AM EST
He’ll be under team control through 2019.
Dec 22, 2014, 8:41 AM EST
Taped baseballs and Yankees fans.
Dec 22, 2014, 7:49 AM EST
Understated, it is not.
Dec 21, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Wil Myers was rumored to be a potential target for the Phillies in a trade involving Cole Hamels, but it turns out the Padres plan to hang on to him.
Dec 21, 2014, 10:21 PM EST
Wil Ledezma will attempt to return to the major leagues with the Twins after signing a minor league deal.
Dec 21, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Marco Scutaro’s 2014 season was tarnished by a chronic back ailment. The Giants’ training staff is preparing an update on the 39-year-old and it may not be good news.
Dec 21, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
If spring training were to start today, Yankees GM Brian Cashman would have Rob Refsnyder and Jose Pirela compete for the starting job at second base.
In which someone describes A-Rod, B.J. Upton and Ryan Howard as potential offensive options for a team
Dec 21, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
This needs to happen, people.
George Steinbrenner’s foundation will pay for the education of the children of the slain NYPD officer
Dec 21, 2014, 6:50 PM EST
The Silver Shield Foundation has done so for 32 years.
Dec 21, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
It makes a lot of sense. And now, it seems, the clubs themselves are starting to talk about it.
Dec 21, 2014, 4:17 PM EST
Is Smoltz really so different than Curt Schilling and Mike Mussina?
Dec 21, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
The field for James Shields has been winnowed down to a few, namely the Giants and Red Sox.
Dec 21, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
If the Padres want to keep Justin Upton around beyond 2015, they’ll have to hammer out a contract extension before spring training begins.
Dec 21, 2014, 12:27 PM EST
Scott Boras says the Orioles should expect to have Matt Wieters behind the plate when the 2015 regular season opens on April 6.
Dec 21, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
A.J. Preller, the second-youngest general manager in Major League Baseball, joined MLB Network this weekend to discuss the Padres’ incredibly active offseason …
Dec 21, 2014, 9:11 AM EST
Matt Kemp was introduced to the San Diego media on Saturday at Petco Park …
Dec 20, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Exciting news for Willie Bloomquist fans.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 12
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 57
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)