Feb 19, 2013, 4:47 AM EDT
3:30 AM: Cat wakes me up, meowing outside the bedroom door. It’s been two months since he’s been exiled from the bedroom for being a jerk, and for a long time he was cool about it, but now every other day he meows out there a lot. He won’t stop this time.
3:45 AM: Out of bed. Begin the six stages of being awake before 4AM (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance, Twitter reading)
4:28 AM: Give up any hope of sleeping. Turn on coffee pot.
4:36 AM: Read a tweet from @yakyunightowl suggesting I look at Nyjer Morgan’s Twitter feed. It is mid-afternoon in Japan, and Morgan is at an elementary school. 800 kids are making “little Ts” which I think stand for “Tony Plush.”
SUBARASHII ZIKAN WO ARIGATO!!!! What a Beautiful day. ARIGATO GINOWAN ELEMENTARY823 LIL T’s 6-12. Thanks Rami Chan twitter.com/TheRealToneP/s…
— Nyjer Morgan (@TheRealToneP) February 19, 2013
4:46 AM: Post this thing. Figure it’s gonna be a long day. May as well start it randomly.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8