Feb 19, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Just got cleared to run.. on a treadmill.. In a anti gravity bubble.Baby step, but I’ll take it. Never thought I was going to this excited
— Logan Morrison (@LoMoMarlins) February 19, 2013
Morrison is about five months removed from surgery to repair a torn patella tendon in his right knee. He also underwent surgery on that same knee before the start of what became a disappointing 2012 campaign.
LoMo’s agent told Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that his client should be ready to join the Marlins’ lineup around April 15. If the eccentric 25-year-old can avoid setbacks, that’s a reasonable target date.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8