Feb 19, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
Just got cleared to run.. on a treadmill.. In a anti gravity bubble.Baby step, but I’ll take it. Never thought I was going to this excited
— Logan Morrison (@LoMoMarlins) February 19, 2013
Morrison is about five months removed from surgery to repair a torn patella tendon in his right knee. He also underwent surgery on that same knee before the start of what became a disappointing 2012 campaign.
LoMo’s agent told Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that his client should be ready to join the Marlins’ lineup around April 15. If the eccentric 25-year-old can avoid setbacks, that’s a reasonable target date.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)