Feb 19, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
The Cubs got some good news on Matt Garza, as an MRI exam on his lat injury revealed only a minor strain.
Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that Garza will rest for a week, which means his Cactus League debut will be pushed back, but so far at least the injury is nothing that should keep him out for the regular season.
Not only is Garza a key piece of Chicago’s rebuilt rotation, keeping him healthy is important because the Cubs would no doubt love to cash in the impending free agent for some prospect help before the trade deadline.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)