Feb 19, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
The Cubs got some good news on Matt Garza, as an MRI exam on his lat injury revealed only a minor strain.
Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that Garza will rest for a week, which means his Cactus League debut will be pushed back, but so far at least the injury is nothing that should keep him out for the regular season.
Not only is Garza a key piece of Chicago’s rebuilt rotation, keeping him healthy is important because the Cubs would no doubt love to cash in the impending free agent for some prospect help before the trade deadline.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 48
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)