Feb 19, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
The Cubs got some good news on Matt Garza, as an MRI exam on his lat injury revealed only a minor strain.
Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that Garza will rest for a week, which means his Cactus League debut will be pushed back, but so far at least the injury is nothing that should keep him out for the regular season.
Not only is Garza a key piece of Chicago’s rebuilt rotation, keeping him healthy is important because the Cubs would no doubt love to cash in the impending free agent for some prospect help before the trade deadline.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)