Feb 19, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
This was a thing that was tweeted:
— Chris May (@chrismayphilly) February 19, 2013
I cannot see any possible scenario that has the Phillies landing Stanton from the Marlins absent a direct cash payoff to Jeff Loria in an amount that exceeds the amount in treasuries of multiple oil emirates. And even then it strains credulity because Stanton isn’t 37 years old and past his prime.
Apart from (a) the Marlins not wanting any of the high price talent that Phillies might try to trade; and (b) the Phillies not having any stud prospects which would otherwise be required to land the best young slugger around, this seems like a great plan.
But hey, I suppose weirder things have happened. Don’t know what, but I’m supposing it.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)