Feb 19, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Pitching coach Rich Dubee is not ready to announce the Phillies’ opening-day starter in Atlanta, but read between the lines of what he’s saying and you can conclude that the decision is down to Cole Hamels and Cliff Lee.
Not surprising given the year he had last year, the years Lee and Hamels had last year and lingering health concerns.
I would like to know, however, whether anyone believes that this negatively impacts Roy Halladay’s Hall of Fame case. Because I don’t. Indeed, it’s quite silly to say this is a factor at all when it comes to assessing Halladay’s career.
I would like to know, however, whether who think Jack Morris should make the Hall of Fame on the basis of all of his Opening Day starts thinks this matters for Halladay. Because it can’t be some invented standard that only applies to Jack Morris, right?
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury