Feb 19, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Pitching coach Rich Dubee is not ready to announce the Phillies’ opening-day starter in Atlanta, but read between the lines of what he’s saying and you can conclude that the decision is down to Cole Hamels and Cliff Lee.
Not surprising given the year he had last year, the years Lee and Hamels had last year and lingering health concerns.
I would like to know, however, whether anyone believes that this negatively impacts Roy Halladay’s Hall of Fame case. Because I don’t. Indeed, it’s quite silly to say this is a factor at all when it comes to assessing Halladay’s career.
I would like to know, however, whether who think Jack Morris should make the Hall of Fame on the basis of all of his Opening Day starts thinks this matters for Halladay. Because it can’t be some invented standard that only applies to Jack Morris, right?
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)